NHS doctor kicked and stamped on in attempted robbery in Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
The family of an NHS doctor who suffered head injuries in an attempted robbery in Woodford Green is appealing for information to help bring the perpetrator to justice.
A 44-year-old woman was assaulted on her way home from work just after 7.30pm on Tuesday, November 3 in Prospect Road, at the junction with Ribble Close.
It is believed a man came up behind the woman, picked her up and slammed her onto the floor.
In a Facebook post, the victim’s sister said the man then “repeatedly kicked her face and stamped on her head in an attempt to take her bag.
“Her screams would have been heard by neighbours and locals.
“Luckily two guys passing intervened and scared him off and police/ambulance were called.”
Two men who came out of the Woodford Muslim Cultural Centre nearby witnessed the attack and shouted at the perpertrator before he ran off.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 10 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
They then tended to the victim while they telephoned the police.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said once they arrived they found the woman suffering from head and facial injuries.
She was taken to hospital for treatment and her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
So far there have been no arrests and the victim’s sister has appealed for anyone in the area with CCTV footage that could help the investigation to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 7099/03Nov.