Elderly man punched in face on Central Line train
- Credit: BTP
An elderly man was punched in the face on a Central Line tube train.
British Transport Police (BTP) officers investigating the unprovoked attack - which happened just before 9pm on July 4 - have released CCTV images of three people they want to speak to following the incident.
The victim was travelling between Bethnal Green and Redbridge stations when a man looked at him and said: "What are you looking at?"
He looked away, but the other man smacked him on the side of his face before he and two women he was travelling with got off at Stratford.
The three then ran into the station, according to the BTP.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the people in the images, or have any information which can help officers with their investigation, is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 587 of 04/07/21.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 'Urgent' project to protect historic grotto gets approval