Man suffers life changing injuries after acid attack in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered from life changing injuries after acid was thrown in his face during a fight with two other men in Ilford on Thursday night.
Police said the fight took place around 9.45pm on Thursday, November 28 in Connaught Road, Ilford and the two other men escaped before police arrived. No arrests have been made.
The victim was discharged from an east London hospital and police said his injuries are being treated as potentially life changing.
Police, London Ambulance Service and the Fire Brigade were all called to the scene.
The Met said: "Police were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) on 9.49pm on Thursday, November 28 to Connaught Road, Ilford to a report of fight between three males.
You may also want to watch:
"One man aged 57 had a noxious substance thrown in his face.
"Officers from the East Area Command Unit have launched an investigation."
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket