Man suffers life changing injuries after acid attack in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered from life changing injuries after acid was thrown in his face during a fight with two other men in Ilford on Thursday night.
Police said the fight took place around 9.45pm on Thursday, November 28 in Connaught Road, Ilford and the two other men escaped before police arrived. No arrests have been made.
The victim was discharged from an east London hospital and police said his injuries are being treated as potentially life changing.
Police, London Ambulance Service and the Fire Brigade were all called to the scene.
The Met said: "Police were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) on 9.49pm on Thursday, November 28 to Connaught Road, Ilford to a report of fight between three males.
You may also want to watch:
"One man aged 57 had a noxious substance thrown in his face.
"Officers from the East Area Command Unit have launched an investigation."
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation