600 people left without power in South Woodford
More than 600 people were left without power in South Woodford last night following a problem with an electrical cable.
South Woodford Tube station, George Lane and the surrounding area was left without power affecting the train service.
The fault was reported at about 10.15pm and impacted 643 customers.
Power was restored within an hour for just over 350 customers.
The problem was fully resolved by midnight.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “Engineers worked as quickly as possible to restore power to customers following a fault on an underground cable. We understand how inconvenient it is to be without power and apologise to the customers affected.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder