600 people left without power in South Woodford
More than 600 people were left without power in South Woodford last night following a problem with an electrical cable.
South Woodford Tube station, George Lane and the surrounding area was left without power affecting the train service.
The fault was reported at about 10.15pm and impacted 643 customers.
Power was restored within an hour for just over 350 customers.
The problem was fully resolved by midnight.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “Engineers worked as quickly as possible to restore power to customers following a fault on an underground cable. We understand how inconvenient it is to be without power and apologise to the customers affected.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 5 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford