53-year-old man killed in suspected hit and run named by police
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested after a man was killed in a suspected hit and run in Redbridge on Saturday.
A 42-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and perverting the course of justice.
The man has been named by police as Rogacs Mihaly, a 53-year-old Hungarian man living in Leyton.
A post-mortem carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary found he died of head and neck injuries.
Officers were called just before 3am on Saturday to Latchford Place at the junction with Romford Road following reports of an injured man.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but he was pronounced dead at at 3.45am.
Mr Mihaly’s family has been informed.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Man collapses as two arrested following Cranbrook Road crash
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
The Met’s serious collision investigation unit, based at Chadwell Heath, is investigating and appealed for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.