53-year-old man killed in suspected hit and run named by police
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested after a man was killed in a suspected hit and run in Redbridge on Saturday.
A 42-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and perverting the course of justice.
The man has been named by police as Rogacs Mihaly, a 53-year-old Hungarian man living in Leyton.
A post-mortem carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary found he died of head and neck injuries.
Officers were called just before 3am on Saturday to Latchford Place at the junction with Romford Road following reports of an injured man.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but he was pronounced dead at at 3.45am.
Mr Mihaly’s family has been informed.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 6 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 7 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 8 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 9 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
The Met’s serious collision investigation unit, based at Chadwell Heath, is investigating and appealed for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.