53-year-old man killed in suspected hit and run named by police
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested after a man was killed in a suspected hit and run in Redbridge on Saturday.
A 42-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and perverting the course of justice.
The man has been named by police as Rogacs Mihaly, a 53-year-old Hungarian man living in Leyton.
A post-mortem carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary found he died of head and neck injuries.
Officers were called just before 3am on Saturday to Latchford Place at the junction with Romford Road following reports of an injured man.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but he was pronounced dead at at 3.45am.
Mr Mihaly’s family has been informed.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
The Met’s serious collision investigation unit, based at Chadwell Heath, is investigating and appealed for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.