53-year-old man killed in suspected hit and run named by police
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested after a man was killed in a suspected hit and run in Redbridge on Saturday.
A 42-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and perverting the course of justice.
The man has been named by police as Rogacs Mihaly, a 53-year-old Hungarian man living in Leyton.
A post-mortem carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary found he died of head and neck injuries.
Officers were called just before 3am on Saturday to Latchford Place at the junction with Romford Road following reports of an injured man.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but he was pronounced dead at at 3.45am.
Mr Mihaly’s family has been informed.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
The Met’s serious collision investigation unit, based at Chadwell Heath, is investigating and appealed for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.