44-year-old man turns up at hospital after being stabbed in Wanstead High Street
A 44-year-old man turned up with stab wounds at a hospital after an incident in the early hours of this morning.
A police cordon has been in place outside the Nam Aam restaurant in High Road, Wanstead all day.
It is believed the stabbing happened at about 5.30am.
Police were alerted to the incident after being contacted by hospital staff.
Det Insp John Delaney at Redbridge Police said: “He has undergone some surgery and it’s not life threatening or life changing. We are appealing for any witnesses or anyone who saw a disturbance to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has any information which may help police should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 5 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 6 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences