44-year-old man turns up at hospital after being stabbed in Wanstead High Street
A 44-year-old man turned up with stab wounds at a hospital after an incident in the early hours of this morning.
A police cordon has been in place outside the Nam Aam restaurant in High Road, Wanstead all day.
It is believed the stabbing happened at about 5.30am.
Police were alerted to the incident after being contacted by hospital staff.
Det Insp John Delaney at Redbridge Police said: “He has undergone some surgery and it’s not life threatening or life changing. We are appealing for any witnesses or anyone who saw a disturbance to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has any information which may help police should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap