44-year-old man turns up at hospital after being stabbed in Wanstead High Street
A 44-year-old man turned up with stab wounds at a hospital after an incident in the early hours of this morning.
A police cordon has been in place outside the Nam Aam restaurant in High Road, Wanstead all day.
It is believed the stabbing happened at about 5.30am.
Police were alerted to the incident after being contacted by hospital staff.
Det Insp John Delaney at Redbridge Police said: “He has undergone some surgery and it’s not life threatening or life changing. We are appealing for any witnesses or anyone who saw a disturbance to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has any information which may help police should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures