30ft flames engulf Hainault allotment shed
Flames reaching up to 30ft engulfed a large shed on allotments in Hainault.
Six fire engines attended the fire after being called out at about 3.20am this morning to the allotments in Tomswood Hill.
Tony Knight, watch manager at the Woodford Fire Station, Snakes Lane West, Woodford Green, said the shed was about five by 10 metres.
He said: “It was just going very well as it was an old wood building.”
The shed was used to keep gardening tools in.
You may also want to watch:
Crews left the scene at about 6.30am and the cause of the fire is being investigated by the fire investigation unit.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack