30ft flames engulf Hainault allotment shed
Flames reaching up to 30ft engulfed a large shed on allotments in Hainault.
Six fire engines attended the fire after being called out at about 3.20am this morning to the allotments in Tomswood Hill.
Tony Knight, watch manager at the Woodford Fire Station, Snakes Lane West, Woodford Green, said the shed was about five by 10 metres.
He said: “It was just going very well as it was an old wood building.”
The shed was used to keep gardening tools in.
You may also want to watch:
Crews left the scene at about 6.30am and the cause of the fire is being investigated by the fire investigation unit.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang