30ft flames engulf Hainault allotment shed
Flames reaching up to 30ft engulfed a large shed on allotments in Hainault.
Six fire engines attended the fire after being called out at about 3.20am this morning to the allotments in Tomswood Hill.
Tony Knight, watch manager at the Woodford Fire Station, Snakes Lane West, Woodford Green, said the shed was about five by 10 metres.
He said: “It was just going very well as it was an old wood building.”
The shed was used to keep gardening tools in.
You may also want to watch:
Crews left the scene at about 6.30am and the cause of the fire is being investigated by the fire investigation unit.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge