29-year-old robbed at knife point in Ilford by man pretending to ask for directions
A 29-year-old walking along counting money which he had withdrawn from a cash machine was robbed at knife point on Monday.
The victim had parked his car in Albert Road, Ilford at about 10.30pm and was walking towards Ilford Lane.
When he crossed Woodlands Road, a black Ford Fiesta Freestyle saloon pulled beside him and the passenger asked for directions.
He then got a 5in kitchen knife out and snatched £250 from the victim before getting back in the car which turned left down Cleveland Road.
The passenger is described as male, aged 30-35, 5ft 11in with ginger hair and stubble.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a grey hoodie and black trousers and spoke with an English accent.
Anyone who witnessed or has information about the robbery should call Redbridge Police on 020 8345 2680.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
If you want to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.