29-year-old robbed at knife point in Ilford by man pretending to ask for directions
A 29-year-old walking along counting money which he had withdrawn from a cash machine was robbed at knife point on Monday.
The victim had parked his car in Albert Road, Ilford at about 10.30pm and was walking towards Ilford Lane.
When he crossed Woodlands Road, a black Ford Fiesta Freestyle saloon pulled beside him and the passenger asked for directions.
He then got a 5in kitchen knife out and snatched £250 from the victim before getting back in the car which turned left down Cleveland Road.
The passenger is described as male, aged 30-35, 5ft 11in with ginger hair and stubble.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a grey hoodie and black trousers and spoke with an English accent.
Anyone who witnessed or has information about the robbery should call Redbridge Police on 020 8345 2680.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
If you want to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.