29-year-old robbed at knife point in Ilford by man pretending to ask for directions
A 29-year-old walking along counting money which he had withdrawn from a cash machine was robbed at knife point on Monday.
The victim had parked his car in Albert Road, Ilford at about 10.30pm and was walking towards Ilford Lane.
When he crossed Woodlands Road, a black Ford Fiesta Freestyle saloon pulled beside him and the passenger asked for directions.
He then got a 5in kitchen knife out and snatched £250 from the victim before getting back in the car which turned left down Cleveland Road.
The passenger is described as male, aged 30-35, 5ft 11in with ginger hair and stubble.
He was wearing a grey hoodie and black trousers and spoke with an English accent.
Anyone who witnessed or has information about the robbery should call Redbridge Police on 020 8345 2680.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
If you want to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.