20-year-old man arrested for Ilford Lane murder
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a woman in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
Mariana Popa, from Romania, was killed just before midnight on Monday of last week.
Police say that they believe she was a prostitute.
The man was arrested last night and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers continue to investigate the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem held at East Ham Mortuary found that Ms Popa died of shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds.
Anyone with information about the incident is still urged to come forward by calling 020 8345 3985 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge