20-year-old man arrested for Ilford Lane murder
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a woman in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
Mariana Popa, from Romania, was killed just before midnight on Monday of last week.
Police say that they believe she was a prostitute.
The man was arrested last night and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers continue to investigate the incident.
A post-mortem held at East Ham Mortuary found that Ms Popa died of shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds.
Anyone with information about the incident is still urged to come forward by calling 020 8345 3985 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements