20-year-old man arrested for Ilford Lane murder
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a woman in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
Mariana Popa, from Romania, was killed just before midnight on Monday of last week.
Police say that they believe she was a prostitute.
The man was arrested last night and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers continue to investigate the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem held at East Ham Mortuary found that Ms Popa died of shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds.
Anyone with information about the incident is still urged to come forward by calling 020 8345 3985 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap