20-year-old man arrested for Ilford Lane murder
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a woman in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
Mariana Popa, from Romania, was killed just before midnight on Monday of last week.
Police say that they believe she was a prostitute.
The man was arrested last night and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers continue to investigate the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem held at East Ham Mortuary found that Ms Popa died of shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds.
Anyone with information about the incident is still urged to come forward by calling 020 8345 3985 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers