Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- Credit: Google
A teenage boy was attacked in Ilford tonight.
Police officers were called to Charter Avenue at about 6.25pm to reports that a boy was injured.
They, along with crews from the London Ambulance Service, found a 13-year-old.
A spokesperson initially told the Recorder the boy had been stabbed, but later retracted the statement to say they believe he was instead assaulted with an object rather than a knife.
He was taken to hospital - his condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
Scotland Yard said no arrests have yet been made, but anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 6328/20Oct.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 3 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 4 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 9 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
A previous version of this story included information about the "stabbing" which the Met Police retracted.