11-year-old boy mugged in Ilford park is reunited with his phone
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
An 11-year-old boy whose iPhone 6 was ripped from his hands by a teenager mugger whilst he was talking to his dad has been reunited with his phone.
A 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted robbing the iPhone 6, worth £620, on July 29.
He pleaded guilty to robbery at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Wednesday, December 28.
The court heard how the 11-year-old was playing tennis with a friend in an Ilford park when the 16-year-old and an unknown person approached him.
After harassing the young boys, they started to walk off, and the 11-year-old rang his dad to tell him that he felt in danger.
At this point, the duo ran back towards the young boys and robbed the iPhone 6.
Police attended the scene but couldn’t trace the pair until the 16-year-old was arrested on an unrelated matter later and the iPhone, which had been blocked, was recovered.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 8 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 9 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 10 40 firefighters tackle blaze after boiler catches on fire
It was subsequently given back to the victim.
The youth was given a nine-month referral order and ordered to pay £105 court costs.