11-year-old boy mugged in Ilford park is reunited with his phone
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
An 11-year-old boy whose iPhone 6 was ripped from his hands by a teenager mugger whilst he was talking to his dad has been reunited with his phone.
A 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted robbing the iPhone 6, worth £620, on July 29.
He pleaded guilty to robbery at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Wednesday, December 28.
The court heard how the 11-year-old was playing tennis with a friend in an Ilford park when the 16-year-old and an unknown person approached him.
After harassing the young boys, they started to walk off, and the 11-year-old rang his dad to tell him that he felt in danger.
You may also want to watch:
At this point, the duo ran back towards the young boys and robbed the iPhone 6.
Police attended the scene but couldn’t trace the pair until the 16-year-old was arrested on an unrelated matter later and the iPhone, which had been blocked, was recovered.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
It was subsequently given back to the victim.
The youth was given a nine-month referral order and ordered to pay £105 court costs.