11-year-old boy mugged in Ilford park is reunited with his phone
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
An 11-year-old boy whose iPhone 6 was ripped from his hands by a teenager mugger whilst he was talking to his dad has been reunited with his phone.
A 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted robbing the iPhone 6, worth £620, on July 29.
He pleaded guilty to robbery at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Wednesday, December 28.
The court heard how the 11-year-old was playing tennis with a friend in an Ilford park when the 16-year-old and an unknown person approached him.
After harassing the young boys, they started to walk off, and the 11-year-old rang his dad to tell him that he felt in danger.
You may also want to watch:
At this point, the duo ran back towards the young boys and robbed the iPhone 6.
Police attended the scene but couldn’t trace the pair until the 16-year-old was arrested on an unrelated matter later and the iPhone, which had been blocked, was recovered.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
It was subsequently given back to the victim.
The youth was given a nine-month referral order and ordered to pay £105 court costs.