11-year-old boy mugged in Ilford park is reunited with his phone
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
An 11-year-old boy whose iPhone 6 was ripped from his hands by a teenager mugger whilst he was talking to his dad has been reunited with his phone.
A 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted robbing the iPhone 6, worth £620, on July 29.
He pleaded guilty to robbery at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Wednesday, December 28.
The court heard how the 11-year-old was playing tennis with a friend in an Ilford park when the 16-year-old and an unknown person approached him.
After harassing the young boys, they started to walk off, and the 11-year-old rang his dad to tell him that he felt in danger.
You may also want to watch:
At this point, the duo ran back towards the young boys and robbed the iPhone 6.
Police attended the scene but couldn’t trace the pair until the 16-year-old was arrested on an unrelated matter later and the iPhone, which had been blocked, was recovered.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
It was subsequently given back to the victim.
The youth was given a nine-month referral order and ordered to pay £105 court costs.