‘Most wanted’ teenage robber from Barkingside jailed for two years
PUBLISHED: 18:18 10 October 2012
A Barkingside teenager who became one of the most wanted robbers in Ilford has been jailed for a string of offences.
Danny Milne, 19, of Tiptree Crescent, was sentenced to two years in a young offenders’ institution at Basildon Crown Court last week.
He had pleaded guilty to four street robberies and one attempted robbery.
Milne was one of Redbridge Police’s top five targets in an anti-theft operation and had a number of previous convictions.
He committed several robberies in Redbridge earlier this year.
Three of his victims were returning from a birthday night out on April 14 when Milne and an accomplice attacked them in Claybury Woods.
The three youths aged 17, 18 and 20 were threatened that they would be stabbed and one was hit with a stick.
They were searched before Milne and his accomplice stole two mobile phones.
The next day, Milne preyed on two youths aged 19 and 20 sitting in their car in Hurstleigh Gardens, Barkingside.
Just after midnight, Milne opened the car door and threatened to stab the victims.
A knife was not seen but Milne and an accomplice searched the victims and got away with two phones and a wallet containing £25.
Milne was arrested on April 16 and pleaded guilty to the charges last month at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was also sentenced for an Essex burglary and three more were considered.
Investigating officer PC Paul Fuller said: “These were nasty offences where the victims genuinely feared they would be stabbed.
“I hope the fact Milne is now behind bars deters others from committing similar crimes.”
Detective Inspector Craig Robinson, from Redbridge robbery squad, said the attacks were “cowardly”.
He added: “At the age of just 19, Milne is already a career criminal. The streets of Redbridge will be safer with him locked up.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.