Man bailed as murder investigation continues after Richmond Road stabbing
PUBLISHED: 14:03 29 December 2014 | UPDATED: 16:01 29 December 2014
A man arrested on suspicion of murder in Ilford yesterday has been bailed as investigations continue.
A spokeswoman for the Met Police said the 30-year-old man had been bailed pending further enquiries following the death of a man in his late 50s.
Police were called at 3.35am yesterday morning (Sunday) to Richmond Road following reports of an assault.
Officers discovered a man, aged in his late 50s, suffering from a stab injury.
He was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he later died.
The spokeswoman said the man’s next of kin had been traced and a post-mortem was due to take place.
Det Ch Insp Russell Taylor said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the stabbing, or the build up to the incident to contact us.
“We know that a number of people were at a party at a nearby address and it is possible that they saw something of importance.
“We are particularly keen to speak with anyone who attended that event who is yet to come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8721 4868, dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to an east London police station where he was further arrested on suspicion of murder.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.