Search

Ilford man taken to hospital after chicken catches fire

PUBLISHED: 11:37 16 November 2012

A 59-year-old man who was cooking chicken yesterday morning was taken to hospital for a check up after it caught fire.

Firefighters were called to Daffodil Gardens, Ilford at about 7.40am after neighbours heard a smoke alarm sounding.

Crew manager Jon Henderson of Ilford Fire Station, High Road Ilford, said: “The smoke detector raised the alarm of the fire and saved him.”

Eight firefighters and two fire engines were sent to the scene.

A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they were called to the incident at 7.50am and took a man to Newham General Hospital.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ilford Recorder