Search

Fire leads to power failure in Clayhall Road

PUBLISHED: 14:10 16 September 2010

A HOUSE blaze caused the lights to go out in a Clayhall road after electrical wires started to burn.

A crew from Ilford and Hainault fire stations rushed to Herent Drive at 11.30pm last night after a woman’s home started filling with smoke.

Firefighters tracked down the blaze to a neighbour’s house undergoing refurbishment.

Wires in a cupboard beneath the stairs had burnt out, causing intermittent power failure to other homes in Herent Drive.

Fire crews, who spent 30 minutes controlling the blaze, had to stay at the scene for several hours while workmen fixed the power problem.

The house escaped serious fire damage and no one was inside the home at the time.

A family from the neighbouring home stayed at a friend’s house to escape the smoke.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ilford Recorder