Search

Fire at Ilford’s Loaded restaurant in Cranbrook Road blamed on ‘extra hot burger’

PUBLISHED: 18:15 29 October 2015 | UPDATED: 12:30 30 October 2015

Loaded Burger, Cranbrook Road, Ilford. Picture: Google

Loaded Burger, Cranbrook Road, Ilford. Picture: Google

Google

A restaurant in Ilford has reopened after its “extra hot burgers” were blamed for causing a fire.

Two fire engines were called to Loaded Gourmet Burgers and Fries, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, yesterday after the blaze broke out.

On Twitter, the chain joked the fire had been caused by one of its Machete Burns hot burgers.

Supervisor Haseeb Yazdan said: “There was a small mishap, but the fire was contained in a single room.

“It was actually started by a small electrical fault, but we thought blaming it on the burger would be a good way to tell our customers the shop was temporary closed.

“The hottest burger we have is pretty hot – almost hot enough to cause a fire.”

London Fire Brigade said: “We were called at 9.12pm to attend to a fire on a ground floor of a shop.

“Nine people had left the building before we arrived, and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ilford Recorder