Search

Chadwell Heath sex ring trial jury retires to consider verdict

PUBLISHED: 15:33 16 July 2013 | UPDATED: 15:38 16 July 2013

Snaresbrook Crown Court

Snaresbrook Crown Court

Archant

The jury in the trial of five men from Redbridge, Barking and Newham charged with running a child prostitution ring has retired to consider its verdict.

Alleged ringleader Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, used his relationships with “vulnerable” teenage girls to lure them into prostitution, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.

Prosecutor Kate Bex said some of the six victims, aged between 16 and 18, were from a care home and had been “starved of affection”.

She told the court some girls were passed around the group for profit, while others were raped and assaulted at an Ilford hotel and houses in Chadwell Heath and Barking.

Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, denies three counts of rape and his brother Jameel Ahmed, 25, denies two.

Naeem, who is not a relation, denies five counts of rape against two victims, controlling child prostitution, paying for the sexual services of a child, inciting child prostitution and causing prostitution for a gain.

Anas Iqbal, 25, of Newham Way, East Ham, denies five counts of rape, one of attempted rape and paying for the sexual services of a child.

Hassan Raza, 23, also of Westminster Gardens, Barking, denies a single count of sexual assault.

The trial has been running since June 3 at Snaresbrook Crown Court.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Related articles

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ilford Recorder