Pervert banned from Central line after performing 'abhorrent and disgraceful' sex acts on sleeping men at Hainault and Woodford stations
PUBLISHED: 15:34 13 August 2018 | UPDATED: 15:55 13 August 2018
A Central line pervert has been banned from using the underground between 1am and 7am after sexually assaulting two sleeping men in separate incidents at Woodford and Hainault.
Fernando Enclada, 37 of Mary Datchelor Close, Camberwell, admitted performing a sex act and making sexual comments to his victims at Blackfriars Crown Court, today (Monday, August 13).
The judge heard that during the early hours of February 4, 2017, the first victim, a man in his twenties, was travelling on an eastbound Central line train from Tottenham Court Road.
During the journey, Enclada came and sat next to the victim, who had been sleeping.
He then began touching the victim inappropriately whilst making sexual comments.
Disgusted by Enclada’s behaviour, the victim chased him out of Woodford station.
Five months later, on July 1, Enclada targeted a second man travelling alone on the Central line.
The victim, a man in his twenties, had joined a service at approximately 3.30am travelling eastbound.
He had fallen asleep and was woken at Hainault where Enclada was performing a sexual act on him.
The victim immediately challenged Enclada who then fled the scene.
Following extensive enquiries by the British Transport Police (BTP), Enclada was arrested by plain-clothed police officers on July 14 2017.
He was charged with two counts of sexual assault.
Enclada was ordered to pay a £900 fine and was sentenced to nine months behind bars, which will be suspended for two years.
He was also ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for a period of ten years and a Sexual Harm Prevention order for a period of five years.
This prohibits Enclada from using the London Underground, Overground, National Rail and DLR services between 1am and 7am or travelling within the TFL zone without using a registered Oystercard, Freedom Pass or Contactless Card.
Det Con Andy Parkinson from BTP, said Enclada’s sexually inappropriate and invasive behaviour was both unsolicited and perverse.
“He exploited the vulnerabilities of two sleeping men and sexually assaulted them. His actions were abhorrent and disgraceful,” he said.
“Both victims in this case demonstrated great strength in reporting Enclada’s behaviour. I’d personally like to thank them for their support and thanks to the overwhelming evidence against him, Enclada was forced to plead guilty.
“We will never tolerate unwanted sexual behaviour and work hard with TfL to send a clear message that these offences will be robustly investigated.”
Siwan Hayward, head of transport policing at Transport For London (TfL), said: “With our partners in the MPS and BTP we are committed to eradicating sexual offences from London’s public transport.
“We commend the victims for reporting and supporting the police investigation. This case sends a clear message that offenders will get caught and have to face justice for their disgusting crimes.”