Redbridge student and creative entrepreneur named Alumnus of the Year
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge student and entrepreneur was this week awarded Alumnus of the Year from his old alma mater.
Gerald Sagoe, who grew up in Redbridge, received the award from Solent University, where he studied BA (Hons) Film and Television.
After graduating in 2008 Gerald went on to co-found So Fraiche, a Camden-based creative agency and was a founding member of the creative think tank Digital Futures Council.
Gerald has been awarded with the Pioneer Award from the charity Prince’s Trust and was named a 30 Under 30 in Future of Ghana magazine.
Gerald also regularly speaks at colleges and schools to inspire young people and he was scheduled to give a lecture at Yale University this year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m honoured to receive this award as Solent University was the foundation for me in learning and developing in my craft and leading me to become a creative director.”
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council