Crash on the A406 leads to tailbacks in Ilford
Traffic is building up in Ilford after a crash on the A406 this morning.
Two lanes are closed on the A406 northbound at its junction with the M11, just past the Redbridge Flyover.
The accident happened at about 8.15am and two lanes remain closed, causing queuing traffic back to Ilford.
It is not known how many cars were involved in the accident, but paramedics from the London Ambulance Service on their way to the scene were told they were no longer needed after no injuries were reported.
• Did you see the accident or have been caught up in the traffic? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3806.
You may also want to watch:
10am UPDATE: One of the two lanes has been reopened and Transport for London say traffic is now “flowing well”.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit