Crash on the A406 leads to tailbacks in Ilford
Traffic is building up in Ilford after a crash on the A406 this morning.
Two lanes are closed on the A406 northbound at its junction with the M11, just past the Redbridge Flyover.
The accident happened at about 8.15am and two lanes remain closed, causing queuing traffic back to Ilford.
It is not known how many cars were involved in the accident, but paramedics from the London Ambulance Service on their way to the scene were told they were no longer needed after no injuries were reported.
• Did you see the accident or have been caught up in the traffic? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3806.
You may also want to watch:
10am UPDATE: One of the two lanes has been reopened and Transport for London say traffic is now “flowing well”.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford