Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, reopened after car being chased by police hits wall
- Credit: Archant
Cranbrook Road has reopened after being shut since the early hours because of a crash following a police chase.
Three people were taken to hospital after the accident near the junction with Bute Road at around 2.15am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “A vehicle being pursued by police was in a collision with a brick wall.”
The driver has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, possession of drugs and drink driving.
Fire crews from Ilford and Hainault had to cut the injured driver and passengers out of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Hainault watch manager Tom Edwards described the crash as “nasty”.
He said: “A car on its own had hit a garden wall and seriously injured the driver and two passengers.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
“We had to cut them out.”
Three ambulances, a single responder, a duty officer and paramedics from the London Air Ambulance were sent to the scene.
A London Ambulance Spokesman said a 20-year-old man with chest injuries, a 22-year-old man with shoulder, neck and knee pain and another patient with leg injuries were taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
The road was cordoned off after the accident and bus routes 128, 150, 167 and N8 were put on diversion.
Did you see the crash? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.