Courier suffers life-changing injuries after van stolen in Woodford Green
A courier delivering luxury items has suffered “life changing” injuries after attempting to stop her van from being stolen in Woodford Green.
The 44-year-old woman was delivering a parcel in Brancepeth Gardens on Friday at around 2.25pm when she left her keys in the door of her white Ford transit van – which contained many valuable goods.
A man, described by police as approximately 20, wearing a grey hooded top and grey jogging bottoms, got into the van and drove off while she was making the delivery.
After realising what was happening, the victim attempted to stop the crime by grabbing on to the car door, but fell and got her hand caught in the wheel.
Unable to stop the van being stolen, the woman was subsequently taken to an east London hospital suffering from “serious injuries”, and police are now appealing for witnesses.
A police spokesman said anyone who saw a white Ford transit van driving erratically around the time of the crime should contact them by calling 101.
The spokesman also warned that this type of crime is common at this time of year due to the number of goods being delivered in the run up to Christmas.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed
Those who notice anyone paying attention to courier vehicles should also contact police.
Alternatively, for those who wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.