Couple who met online set for Valentine’s Day wedding in Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
A couple who met on a dating website want to turn an otherwise sad day into a happy occasion when they marry today.
Suzanne Coates and Michael Augood, both 56, of Copperfield, Chigwell, will wed at Redbridge Register Office, Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, after meeting seven years ago through Friends Reunited.
Valentine’s Day is usually a sad occasion for Suzanne as her father died on February 14, 2007.
She said: “We wanted to turn Valentine’s into a happy day and one we could celebrate, rather than try to forget about. Michael proposed to me on my birthday on September 4 last year, and we decided to get married quickly.”
Michael said: “I knew Suzanne’s father many years ago, after it turned out we went to the same school, so we took that as a blessing from him.
You may also want to watch:
“I secretly measured her finger while she was sleeping, so I could get a ring to fit, and I knew when I’d found the right one straight away.”
They will marry in front of their three children from previous marriages.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
• Are you doing anything special for Valentine’s Day? Get in touch on 020 8477 3825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.