Couple who met online set for Valentine’s Day wedding in Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
A couple who met on a dating website want to turn an otherwise sad day into a happy occasion when they marry today.
Suzanne Coates and Michael Augood, both 56, of Copperfield, Chigwell, will wed at Redbridge Register Office, Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, after meeting seven years ago through Friends Reunited.
Valentine’s Day is usually a sad occasion for Suzanne as her father died on February 14, 2007.
She said: “We wanted to turn Valentine’s into a happy day and one we could celebrate, rather than try to forget about. Michael proposed to me on my birthday on September 4 last year, and we decided to get married quickly.”
Michael said: “I knew Suzanne’s father many years ago, after it turned out we went to the same school, so we took that as a blessing from him.
You may also want to watch:
“I secretly measured her finger while she was sleeping, so I could get a ring to fit, and I knew when I’d found the right one straight away.”
They will marry in front of their three children from previous marriages.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
• Are you doing anything special for Valentine’s Day? Get in touch on 020 8477 3825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.