Couple still going strong after nearly seven decades together celebrate anniversary in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A couple who have been together for nearly seven decades celebrated their anniversary with family and friends.
Gordon and Marion Henty, aged 97 and 93, marked the 69th year since their wedding with a special tea at the Gable Court Nursing Home, in Roxy Avenue, Chadwell Heath, where Gordon lives.
Along with residents at the home and their families, the couple enjoyed a cake and entertainment from banjo player Ted Cook.
Their son Stuart, who is their only child, said it was a “good, fun afternoon”.
Marion is originally from Glasgow, while Gordon grew up in Seven Kings. The couple married at the St John the Evangelist church, in St John’s Road Seven Kings, and lived in the area for several years before moving to Redbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon now lives at Gable Court, while Marion still lives in the family home.
The care home’s activity coordinator, Michele Labonne, said: “It was really good, a lovely day. Marion was surprised and didn’t think we would do as much as we did, she really appreciated it.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
“They are a really lovely couple. Every time Gordon has to go he will take Marion’s hand and give her a kiss.”