Couple rushed to hospital after fire in Chadwell Heath home
- Credit: Google Maps
A man and woman were taken to hospital after reports of a fire in a Chadwell Heath home.
On Tuesday at 9.20pm emergency services were called to the property in Heathfield Park Drive where it is believed a couple sustained burn injuries in front of their two young children.
Detectives from the Met's Safeguarding team attended and are not treating the incident as suspicious.
A spokesperson for the London Ambulance Service said: "We sent a number of resources to the scene including ambulance crews, an advanced paramedic, an incident response officer and our hazardous area response team (HART).
"We treated two people at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre."
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from Ilford Fire Station were at the scene but the fire was out when crews arrived.
A spokesperson for the Fire Brigade said: "The Brigade was called at 9.20pm and the incident was over for firefighters by 10.05pm."
- 1 Council offers update on regeneration projects at Ilford BID webinar
- 2 Ilford church turns into vaccine pop-up clinic
- 3 No 10 at odds with Redbridge Council over masks for primary children
- 4 Sadiq has proposed Boundary Charge for cars coming from outside London
- 5 Former Islington head announced as new interim chief exec for Redbridge Council
- 6 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 7 Post Office pledges permanent presence in South Woodford as current site to close in April
- 8 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 9 Redbridge students rewarded by police for mental health artwork
- 10 Green Business scheme proposed by Conservatives voted down