Councillors standing for election in three wards announced in Redbridge Labour Group ‘shuffle’
The leader of the Redbridge Labour Group has said that councillors are being “shuffled around” as they gear up for next year’s elections.
Cllr Jas Athwal said the candidates for three wards had been decided with changes for the remaining 18 to be made over the coming week.
Cllr Athwal said: “Like any political party you want to shuffle your pack around. You have to move your best people where they will make a difference. We are all here to be judged.”
The councillors to be put forward in the 2014 local elections for Mayfield, Loxford and Seven Kings wards have now been decided.
Loxford will keep Cllr Taifur Rashid but Cllrs Filly Maravala and Virendra Tewari may stand for election in other wards.
You may also want to watch:
Two members of the public have been selected for the remaining two seats.
In Seven Kings, Cllr Balvinder Saund will not stand again for personal reasons but Cllr Stuart Bellwood and Cllr Bob Littlewood will remain.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Mayfield will remain the same keeping Cllr Jas Athwal, Cllr Kay Flint and Cllr Ayodhiya Parkash.
Cllr Baldesh Kaur Nijjar will be moving from Chadwell ward to stand as a candidate in Cllr Saund’s seat in Seven Kings.