Councillor complains to Transport for London after South Woodford A406 underpass floods
A Roding councillor has complained to Transport for London (TfL) after an A406 underpass in South Woodford flooded.
The underpass between Maybank Road and Mulberry Way was flooded yesterday (Monday), forcing residents to either wade through the water or risk crossing the busy sliproads around Charlie Brown’s roundabout.
Roding councillors were told the problem was caused by underground pumps “tripping out” and that a TfL electrician has now reset them.
Cllr Gwyneth Deakins has asked for the ongoing problem to be put on the agenda of Redbridge Council’s next public transport liaison forum which meets with TfL.
The flooding is reported to have been cleared by Monday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries have been made with TfL.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer