Councillor complains to Transport for London after South Woodford A406 underpass floods
A Roding councillor has complained to Transport for London (TfL) after an A406 underpass in South Woodford flooded.
The underpass between Maybank Road and Mulberry Way was flooded yesterday (Monday), forcing residents to either wade through the water or risk crossing the busy sliproads around Charlie Brown’s roundabout.
Roding councillors were told the problem was caused by underground pumps “tripping out” and that a TfL electrician has now reset them.
Cllr Gwyneth Deakins has asked for the ongoing problem to be put on the agenda of Redbridge Council’s next public transport liaison forum which meets with TfL.
The flooding is reported to have been cleared by Monday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries have been made with TfL.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath