Corrie actress, Catherine Tyldsley, launches new menu at Ilford restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A Coronation Street actress spent the afternoon in Ilford on Friday to launch a new menu at a fast food restaurant alongside British actor, Upen Patel.
Catherine Tyldesley, who plays Eva Price in the ITV soap, took a break from her busy schedule to visit Roosters Piri Piri, in Cranbrook Road, where she revealed she had a soft spot for takeaways.
She said: “I lost a lot of weight in the last few years so I don’t eat much fast food. Roosters menu gives plenty of options to eat healthily. People assume chains like Roosters offer purely junk food but that is often not the case.”
The new menu was inspired by Bollywood actor and model Mr Patel, who has starred in a string of hit films including Shakalaka Boom.
Director, Khaled Mirza, added: “We were delighted to have the support of Catherine and Upen. The company has expanded greatly over the last few years, and our Ilford launch is one of many exciting openings scheduled for 2013, creating hundreds of jobs every year.
You may also want to watch:
“We are inspired by street food found all over the world, cooked quickly with fresh ingredients, and served hot.”
For more information please visit www.roosterspiripiri.com.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts