Corrie actress, Catherine Tyldsley, launches new menu at Ilford restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A Coronation Street actress spent the afternoon in Ilford on Friday to launch a new menu at a fast food restaurant alongside British actor, Upen Patel.
Catherine Tyldesley, who plays Eva Price in the ITV soap, took a break from her busy schedule to visit Roosters Piri Piri, in Cranbrook Road, where she revealed she had a soft spot for takeaways.
She said: “I lost a lot of weight in the last few years so I don’t eat much fast food. Roosters menu gives plenty of options to eat healthily. People assume chains like Roosters offer purely junk food but that is often not the case.”
The new menu was inspired by Bollywood actor and model Mr Patel, who has starred in a string of hit films including Shakalaka Boom.
Director, Khaled Mirza, added: “We were delighted to have the support of Catherine and Upen. The company has expanded greatly over the last few years, and our Ilford launch is one of many exciting openings scheduled for 2013, creating hundreds of jobs every year.
You may also want to watch:
“We are inspired by street food found all over the world, cooked quickly with fresh ingredients, and served hot.”
For more information please visit www.roosterspiripiri.com.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k