Police dogs chase down two men suspected of breaking into Woodford Green bookmakers
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been detained after allegedly breaking into a Woodford Green bookmakers with crowbars and attempting to steal a safe.
The Metropolitan Police's dog support unit confirmed in a tweet that officers were called to the Coral store in Snakes Lane East last night (Wednesday, January 22), after reports of two men attempting to break in.
The unit tweeted: "Males run on sight of dogs.
"PD Gemma and PD Freya deployed and detained a suspect each in straight chase."
The police have also reveal they suspect the vehicle the suspects had been driving was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The safe was returned to the property.
The Metropolitan Police have been contacted for more information.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 8 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays