Conservatives on campaign trail in Hainault fight fire after bike ‘arson’
- Credit: Archant
Sparks flew when a group of Conservative council candidates toured Hainault yesterday - and found a child’s bike on fire.
Melvyn Marks and Pauline Fynn were on the campaign trail in Fairview Drive when they saw the flames behind a block of flats.
After calling the fire brigade, they helped residents move leaves and flammable material out the way.
A fire engine put the blaze out in less than 10 minutes at around 4pm. Residents believed the bike was set alight deliberately by vandals.
Mrs Fynn said: “They have expressed serious concerns about vandalism, safety and security which we will be addressing.”
You may also want to watch:
Youths had previously been seen clambering over garage roofs at Radley Court.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 9 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 10 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire