Conservatives on campaign trail in Hainault fight fire after bike ‘arson’
- Credit: Archant
Sparks flew when a group of Conservative council candidates toured Hainault yesterday - and found a child’s bike on fire.
Melvyn Marks and Pauline Fynn were on the campaign trail in Fairview Drive when they saw the flames behind a block of flats.
After calling the fire brigade, they helped residents move leaves and flammable material out the way.
A fire engine put the blaze out in less than 10 minutes at around 4pm. Residents believed the bike was set alight deliberately by vandals.
Mrs Fynn said: “They have expressed serious concerns about vandalism, safety and security which we will be addressing.”
You may also want to watch:
Youths had previously been seen clambering over garage roofs at Radley Court.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 3 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 9 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder