Conservative Cllr Sarah Blaber resigns from Redbridge Council
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge councillor Sarah Blaber has resigned from her position, with a by-election to follow.
The councillor for the Roding ward signalled her intention to step down last Friday.
Conservative leader Cllr Canal paid tribute to Sarah, who was one of the youngest councillors in the country.
He said: “We were delighted when Sarah was elected and feel a mixture of sadness and happiness at her departure.
“We are deeply sad that a promising young councillor has stepped down but really happy that she will be embarking on a new life with her partner.”
You may also want to watch:
“I am also grateful to Sarah for delaying her resignation until March so that we can hold it on the same day as the GLA election, minimising the inconvenience to schools that are used as polling stations and the cost to the council.”
When approached by the Recorder, Cllr Blaber declined to comment.
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 7 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
Redbridge Conservatives are expected to announce their selected candidate today.