Conman tries to trick Woodford Green homeowner
A conman posing as a water board employee talked his way into a Woodford Green home but left empty handed.
The incident took place on December 20, at around 11.10am, at the victim’s home in Snakes Lane West.
When the homeowner was asked for ID, the conman quickly left the property.
The suspect is described as being white, male, around 5ft 8in, aged between 30 and 40 and of stocky build.
He was wearing a black puffa jacket with a white tick logo on the back.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking for any information to contact the burglary squad on 020 8345 2610.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School