Conman tries to trick Woodford Green homeowner
A conman posing as a water board employee talked his way into a Woodford Green home but left empty handed.
The incident took place on December 20, at around 11.10am, at the victim’s home in Snakes Lane West.
When the homeowner was asked for ID, the conman quickly left the property.
The suspect is described as being white, male, around 5ft 8in, aged between 30 and 40 and of stocky build.
He was wearing a black puffa jacket with a white tick logo on the back.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking for any information to contact the burglary squad on 020 8345 2610.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor