Conman tries to trick Woodford Green homeowner
A conman posing as a water board employee talked his way into a Woodford Green home but left empty handed.
The incident took place on December 20, at around 11.10am, at the victim’s home in Snakes Lane West.
When the homeowner was asked for ID, the conman quickly left the property.
The suspect is described as being white, male, around 5ft 8in, aged between 30 and 40 and of stocky build.
He was wearing a black puffa jacket with a white tick logo on the back.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking for any information to contact the burglary squad on 020 8345 2610.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones