Community barbecue to combine St Patrick’s Day and Climate Week festivities
Celebrations of Saint Patrick’s Day and Climate Week are being combined in Ilford this afternoon.
The British Pakistani Christian Association and East Ilford Betterment Partnership are holding a community barbecue from midday.
Face-painting, music and free food and drinks will be available in the car park of the Prince of Wales pub in Green Lane.
Habiba Ahmed, from Redbridge Council’s recycling team, will give a talk to guests as part of Climate Week.
Organiser Wilson Chowdhry said: “The aim is to get people talking and enjoying one anothers’ company.
You may also want to watch:
“The type of cultural enrichment the government calls ‘community cohesion’”.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead