Community barbecue to combine St Patrick’s Day and Climate Week festivities
Celebrations of Saint Patrick’s Day and Climate Week are being combined in Ilford this afternoon.
The British Pakistani Christian Association and East Ilford Betterment Partnership are holding a community barbecue from midday.
Face-painting, music and free food and drinks will be available in the car park of the Prince of Wales pub in Green Lane.
Habiba Ahmed, from Redbridge Council’s recycling team, will give a talk to guests as part of Climate Week.
Organiser Wilson Chowdhry said: “The aim is to get people talking and enjoying one anothers’ company.
You may also want to watch:
“The type of cultural enrichment the government calls ‘community cohesion’”.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme