Comedy night hosted by Redbridge Labour Party was a ‘fantastic evening’
Ilford’s only comedy night, organised by the Redbridge Labour Party, was a huge success when it was held on Saturday.
Stand Up for Labour, which was held at the Ilford Catholic Club, High Road, Ilford, attracted a large crowd including Ilford South MP Mike Gapes.
This was the first time the event had been organised and featured radio and television star, Bob Mills.
Mr Gapes said: “Ilford Catholic Club was packed with an appreciative audience, which reflects the ethnic and religious diversity of our community.
“We had a fantastic evening of entertainment and helped raised funds to help Labour win in 2014 and 2015.”
You may also want to watch:
The Redbridge Labour Party are hoping to organise another night early next year.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines