Comedy night hosted by Redbridge Labour Party was a ‘fantastic evening’
Ilford’s only comedy night, organised by the Redbridge Labour Party, was a huge success when it was held on Saturday.
Stand Up for Labour, which was held at the Ilford Catholic Club, High Road, Ilford, attracted a large crowd including Ilford South MP Mike Gapes.
This was the first time the event had been organised and featured radio and television star, Bob Mills.
Mr Gapes said: “Ilford Catholic Club was packed with an appreciative audience, which reflects the ethnic and religious diversity of our community.
“We had a fantastic evening of entertainment and helped raised funds to help Labour win in 2014 and 2015.”
The Redbridge Labour Party are hoping to organise another night early next year.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on