Colourful cupcakes help launch Ilford VIP website offering deals for town centre shoppers
If you have been in Ilford Town Centre in the past week, you may have seen some brightly-coloured cupcakes on shop counters, gobbled up by all and sundry to help launch a new website offering deals for shoppers.
The Ilford VIP site is packed with exclusive offers for town centre shoppers, ranging from 10 per cent discounts to two-for- one deals at certain retailers.
The site launched earlier this month and has been hailed a great success by Ben Collins, manager of the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID).
The BID encompasses more than 460 town centre businesses. They pay a portion of their rateable value into the scheme, which aims to improve things for them.
Ilford VIP also has a directory of bars, cafes, shops, theatres, restaurants and more for people looking to grab a bargain or enjoy a few hours in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Boxes of cupcakes promoting the website have been given to dozens of town centre workers, as well as shoppers. For more, visit www.ilfordvip.com.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic