Colourful cupcakes help launch Ilford VIP website offering deals for town centre shoppers
If you have been in Ilford Town Centre in the past week, you may have seen some brightly-coloured cupcakes on shop counters, gobbled up by all and sundry to help launch a new website offering deals for shoppers.
The Ilford VIP site is packed with exclusive offers for town centre shoppers, ranging from 10 per cent discounts to two-for- one deals at certain retailers.
The site launched earlier this month and has been hailed a great success by Ben Collins, manager of the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID).
The BID encompasses more than 460 town centre businesses. They pay a portion of their rateable value into the scheme, which aims to improve things for them.
Ilford VIP also has a directory of bars, cafes, shops, theatres, restaurants and more for people looking to grab a bargain or enjoy a few hours in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Boxes of cupcakes promoting the website have been given to dozens of town centre workers, as well as shoppers. For more, visit www.ilfordvip.com.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 9 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha