Collisions on A406 and High Road, Woodford Green, cause delays for commuters
Two traffic collisions, including one on the A406, have caused long delays for commuters in Redbridge this morning.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to reports of a collision between a green VW Golf and a white lorry on the North Circular Road at just after 8.30am.
Two lanes on the southbound carriageway were closed and reopened 40 minutes later, causing a build-up of traffic around the Ilford Flyover.
A female driver was also taken to hospital following a crash at the junction of High Road, Woodford Green, and Chingford Lane at around 7am.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said she was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital with arm injuries and her condition is not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Bus routes 20, 179, 275 and W13 could be diverted or delayed while the accident is cleared.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines