Collisions on A406 and High Road, Woodford Green, cause delays for commuters
Two traffic collisions, including one on the A406, have caused long delays for commuters in Redbridge this morning.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to reports of a collision between a green VW Golf and a white lorry on the North Circular Road at just after 8.30am.
Two lanes on the southbound carriageway were closed and reopened 40 minutes later, causing a build-up of traffic around the Ilford Flyover.
A female driver was also taken to hospital following a crash at the junction of High Road, Woodford Green, and Chingford Lane at around 7am.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said she was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital with arm injuries and her condition is not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Bus routes 20, 179, 275 and W13 could be diverted or delayed while the accident is cleared.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 6 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones