College students get their hands on a car thanks to Woodford Green dealership
A training college is set to benefit from a new partnership with a nearby car dealership after being given a vehicle of its own.
Dagenham Motors, Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, has donated a car to Waltham Forest College to help develop its training programme.
The vehicle, a Renault Clio, will be used by the college, in Forest Road, to help students get first-hand experience in vehicle maintenance and repair.
Mark Littlefield, sales manager at Dagenham Motors, said: “As a local business we feel it is important for us to contribute to the community.
“The students currently studying for motor vehicle qualifications are the service technicians of the future and we want them to have the best training.”
You may also want to watch:
School tutor Dave Bishop, on receiving the car, added: “We would like to say a big thank you to Dagenham Motors. The car will be invaluable to the learning and development of our students.”
“There is no alternative to first hand direct experience of vehicle maintenance and repair.”
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford