Cold Feet star returns to Woodford Green school
An award-winning actress returned to her old school on Saturday to judge a drama contest.
Samantha Spiro was at Bancroft’s School in High Road, Woodford Green on Saturday to adjudicate its annual inter-house drama competition.
A capacity audience was entertained by four productions and Miss Spiro said she was impressed by the efforts of the pupils and found it tough to make decisions about who should receive certificates.
Best production went to Danni’s Tale, which was directed by sixth formers Tanvir Rayatt, Alanna Cushamn and Olivier Kidell while Tayyub Shah was awarded best actor for his “brave and powerful performance”.
Miss Spiro has appeared in a number of TV shows including Cold Feet, Coupling and most recently Grandma’s House for which she won best female comedy breakthrough artist at the 2011 British Comedy Awards.
She was a pupil at Bancroft’s from 1982-85.
- 1 Ten businesses crowned winners at inaugural Ilford South Business Awards
- 2 Pan-Asian noodle bar opens on Ilford High Street
- 3 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 6 Second Redbridge crime enforcement hub launches in Hainault
- 7 Covid vaccine - one year on: London boroughs among worst for jab rates
- 8 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns