Cold Feet star returns to Woodford Green school
An award-winning actress returned to her old school on Saturday to judge a drama contest.
Samantha Spiro was at Bancroft’s School in High Road, Woodford Green on Saturday to adjudicate its annual inter-house drama competition.
A capacity audience was entertained by four productions and Miss Spiro said she was impressed by the efforts of the pupils and found it tough to make decisions about who should receive certificates.
Best production went to Danni’s Tale, which was directed by sixth formers Tanvir Rayatt, Alanna Cushamn and Olivier Kidell while Tayyub Shah was awarded best actor for his “brave and powerful performance”.
Miss Spiro has appeared in a number of TV shows including Cold Feet, Coupling and most recently Grandma’s House for which she won best female comedy breakthrough artist at the 2011 British Comedy Awards.
You may also want to watch:
She was a pupil at Bancroft’s from 1982-85.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space