Cold Feet star returns to Woodford Green school
An award-winning actress returned to her old school on Saturday to judge a drama contest.
Samantha Spiro was at Bancroft’s School in High Road, Woodford Green on Saturday to adjudicate its annual inter-house drama competition.
A capacity audience was entertained by four productions and Miss Spiro said she was impressed by the efforts of the pupils and found it tough to make decisions about who should receive certificates.
Best production went to Danni’s Tale, which was directed by sixth formers Tanvir Rayatt, Alanna Cushamn and Olivier Kidell while Tayyub Shah was awarded best actor for his “brave and powerful performance”.
Miss Spiro has appeared in a number of TV shows including Cold Feet, Coupling and most recently Grandma’s House for which she won best female comedy breakthrough artist at the 2011 British Comedy Awards.
You may also want to watch:
She was a pupil at Bancroft’s from 1982-85.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP