Club News: Hare Park Badminton Club
- Credit: Archant
Treasurer Anita Audritt talks about Hare Park Badminton Club.
“Hare Park Badminton Club is a mixed club for those aged 16-plus. We meet once a week in Gidea Park and have two courts available for play.
“Games are chosen on a rota basis and we play with plastic shuttlecocks.
“The standard of play is good and unfortunately we are unable to take beginners or participate in coaching.
“The club has been in existence since 1948. It is a purely social badminton club and does not take part in leagues or inter-club matches.
You may also want to watch:
“We presently have 12 regular players, who enjoy playing to help maintain fitness, as well as meeting up for a chat in between games or during a break for refreshments.
“We have social activities including an annual meal, usually at the beginning of the year, where we miss badminton and go out for dinner somewhere local.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
“Recent membership has fallen and we are looking for more people.
“We would love to hear from any potential new players who may be interested in coming along.
“Fees, including refreshments, stand at £5 per night.
“For further information, please get in touch with us.”