Cllr Muhammed Javed says bonjour to Mayor Madame of Boulogne on recent trip
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Redbridge was offered the opportunity to meet the Mayor Madame of Boulogne while on a fundraising day trip to France.
Cllr Muhammed Javed was introduced to Mireille Hingrez-Céréda at the Hotel De Ville in Boulogne, when he returned the invitation and asked her to visit the borough in the future.
The trip, organised as a fundraising event for the Mayor’s Appeal, was a festive shopping trip with 98 appeal contacts, representatives from the chosen charities and residents.
Cllr Javed said: “I was pleased to tell her just how good Redbridge was and invited her to see it for herself – such bilateral visits could only benefit our residents and businesses.
“I would particularly like to thank Keith Lloyd, Peacock Travel and Tours UK Ltd for organising the trip.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor’s Appeal organises events and activities to help raise funds for the Redbridge Carers Support Service and Redbridge MENCAP.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?