Clean-up in Ilford tomorrow ahead of Olympic Torch arrival
Ilford businesses are being encouraged to help make Cranbrook Road look in top shape for the visit of the Olympic Torch.
The Ilford Business Improvement District (BID) wants staff to join in a Big Clean Up of the road tomorrow ahead of the flame’s arrival on July 22.
Redbridge Council is supplying brooms and cleaning equipment.
Carol Hobbs, the branch manager of Adecco Recruitment in Cranbrook Road, said she is encouraging her staff to go out in their lunch hours to tidy.
The clean up runs from 11am to 5pm along Cranbrook Road, Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
• Call Diane Nolan, the BID co-ordinator, for more details on 020 8478 3534.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha