Clean-up in Ilford tomorrow ahead of Olympic Torch arrival
Ilford businesses are being encouraged to help make Cranbrook Road look in top shape for the visit of the Olympic Torch.
The Ilford Business Improvement District (BID) wants staff to join in a Big Clean Up of the road tomorrow ahead of the flame’s arrival on July 22.
Redbridge Council is supplying brooms and cleaning equipment.
Carol Hobbs, the branch manager of Adecco Recruitment in Cranbrook Road, said she is encouraging her staff to go out in their lunch hours to tidy.
The clean up runs from 11am to 5pm along Cranbrook Road, Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
• Call Diane Nolan, the BID co-ordinator, for more details on 020 8478 3534.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones