Clayhall teen joins Bow fundraiser, 101, at global walk challenge launch
- Credit: Dewan Khan
A Clayhall teenager joined London mayor Sadiq Khan and charity hero Dabirul Choudhury at the launch of global challenge Walk with Dabirul.
Tahir Khan, 15, has pledged to run 50km while fasting during Ramadan to raise funds for people suffering with Covid-19 across nearly 50 countries.
The teen was inspired by the work of Dabirul, who followed in Captain Sir Tom Moore's footsteps and walked 50 laps of his garden every day in Bow during Ramadan last year.
He raised more than £420,000 in the process.
Tahir was alongside his 101-year-old hero on Saturday, April 24, as they took the first steps in Walk with Dabirul, with around 10,000 other people in 130 cities across the world joining as well.
Tahir said: "Dabir has inspired many young people like me.
"If Dabir can continue his fight to help needy people than we should be running to help the destitute people of the world. I am so grateful to him to show us the path of empathy and efforts."
To donate to Tahir's fundraiser visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tahir30krun.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath