Clayhall teen joins Bow fundraiser, 101, at global walk challenge launch
- Credit: Dewan Khan
A Clayhall teenager joined London mayor Sadiq Khan and charity hero Dabirul Choudhury at the launch of global challenge Walk with Dabirul.
Tahir Khan, 15, has pledged to run 50km while fasting during Ramadan to raise funds for people suffering with Covid-19 across nearly 50 countries.
The teen was inspired by the work of Dabirul, who followed in Captain Sir Tom Moore's footsteps and walked 50 laps of his garden every day in Bow during Ramadan last year.
He raised more than £420,000 in the process.
Tahir was alongside his 101-year-old hero on Saturday, April 24, as they took the first steps in Walk with Dabirul, with around 10,000 other people in 130 cities across the world joining as well.
Tahir said: "Dabir has inspired many young people like me.
"If Dabir can continue his fight to help needy people than we should be running to help the destitute people of the world. I am so grateful to him to show us the path of empathy and efforts."
To donate to Tahir's fundraiser visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tahir30krun.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine