Clayhall property cordoned off following reports of a suspect package
Police have cordoned off a property in Clayhall following reports of a suspect package.
The package is thought to have been found in Clayhall Avenue this afternoon, between Woodford Avenue and Marlands Road.
Sunita Parmer, 47, who lives on the road, said: “I was just coming home from shopping and the police told me there was a big issue and I couldn’t go back to my house.
“It was very scary. The police still haven’t told us what happened.”
Four police cars, five ambulances and four fire engines were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been reopened.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead