Clayhall property cordoned off following reports of a suspect package
Police have cordoned off a property in Clayhall following reports of a suspect package.
The package is thought to have been found in Clayhall Avenue this afternoon, between Woodford Avenue and Marlands Road.
Sunita Parmer, 47, who lives on the road, said: “I was just coming home from shopping and the police told me there was a big issue and I couldn’t go back to my house.
“It was very scary. The police still haven’t told us what happened.”
Four police cars, five ambulances and four fire engines were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been reopened.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague