Clayhall named worst place in London for car thefts - Wanstead and South Woodford in top five
Clayhall has been named the “riskiest place for car thefts” in London.
The IG5 postcode area had the highest number of insurance claims for stolen cars in the capital between July and September.
The area was fifth nationwide and South Woodford, number 10, and Wanstead, number 13, also hit the top 20.
The research was conducted by insurance providers Swinton.
Claims manager Steve Chelton said “This poll demonstrates that regional affluence, geography and popular stereotypes about particular high risk areas has little reflection on where a large proportion of thefts actually occur.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is at risk regardless of their postcode.”
Motorists are advised to park in safe areas, such as a secure garage or busy road.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
Doors should be locked and immobilisers set. Security devices including GPS trackers and steering locks are also available.
Valuables such as mobile phones and sat navs should not be visible.