Clayhall carjack murder: Three men bailed, one in custody
Three men arrested in connection with the murder of Seven Kings resident Harjinder Singh Bhurji were bailed last night.
Mr Bhurji, 32, was pronounced dead in the early hours of Tuesday morning after he was stabbed in Stoneleigh Road, Clayhall, near St John Vianney Catholic Church.
Police said an 18-year-old, a 17-year-old and another man, whose age has not been given, had been bailed pending further enquires.
A 20-year-old remains in custody.
It is believed Mr Bhurji of Highbury Gardens had been chatting to a female friend in his black Mercedes when a masked man pulled her out and then demanded the keys to the CLK coupe.
You may also want to watch:
He tried to hide them under his seat but the suspect threatened to harm the woman if he did not hand them over.
However, before he had time to retrieve them, he was stabbed and suffered a chest wound.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 5 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
Despite his injury Mr Bhurji gave the keys to the man who then drove off and the car was found abandoned at 2.45am in Forest Glade, Chingford.