Clayhall carjack murder: Three men bailed, one in custody
Three men arrested in connection with the murder of Seven Kings resident Harjinder Singh Bhurji were bailed last night.
Mr Bhurji, 32, was pronounced dead in the early hours of Tuesday morning after he was stabbed in Stoneleigh Road, Clayhall, near St John Vianney Catholic Church.
Police said an 18-year-old, a 17-year-old and another man, whose age has not been given, had been bailed pending further enquires.
A 20-year-old remains in custody.
It is believed Mr Bhurji of Highbury Gardens had been chatting to a female friend in his black Mercedes when a masked man pulled her out and then demanded the keys to the CLK coupe.
You may also want to watch:
He tried to hide them under his seat but the suspect threatened to harm the woman if he did not hand them over.
However, before he had time to retrieve them, he was stabbed and suffered a chest wound.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
Despite his injury Mr Bhurji gave the keys to the man who then drove off and the car was found abandoned at 2.45am in Forest Glade, Chingford.