Clayhall carjack murder: Three men bailed, one in custody
Three men arrested in connection with the murder of Seven Kings resident Harjinder Singh Bhurji were bailed last night.
Mr Bhurji, 32, was pronounced dead in the early hours of Tuesday morning after he was stabbed in Stoneleigh Road, Clayhall, near St John Vianney Catholic Church.
Police said an 18-year-old, a 17-year-old and another man, whose age has not been given, had been bailed pending further enquires.
A 20-year-old remains in custody.
It is believed Mr Bhurji of Highbury Gardens had been chatting to a female friend in his black Mercedes when a masked man pulled her out and then demanded the keys to the CLK coupe.
You may also want to watch:
He tried to hide them under his seat but the suspect threatened to harm the woman if he did not hand them over.
However, before he had time to retrieve them, he was stabbed and suffered a chest wound.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
Despite his injury Mr Bhurji gave the keys to the man who then drove off and the car was found abandoned at 2.45am in Forest Glade, Chingford.