Clayhall 16-year-old recovering from surgery jumps on burglars
A 16-YEAR-OLD boy recovering from surgery lunged onto a burglar as he escaped out of his parents bedroom window with �500.
The teenager was in bed in his home in Herent Drive, Clayhall, after an operation and caught sight of the burglars when they walked past his bedroom.
He sprung from his bed and plunged onto one of the two burglars, holding his leg, as he escaped from a window in his parents bedroom, which had been trashed.
However, the suspect managed to break free, before jumping from a second floor window and making a get away on foot towards Clayhall Avenue.
Police have said before the incident, which happened on Wednesday of last week, (2) burglars gained access to the house by removing a panel on the back door.
You may also want to watch:
It is believe a black Volkswagen car may have been involved in the burglary.
Anyone with information can contact Det Supt Andy Lowe on 020 8345 2610, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1111.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?