Clayhall 16-year-old recovering from surgery jumps on burglars
A 16-YEAR-OLD boy recovering from surgery lunged onto a burglar as he escaped out of his parents bedroom window with �500.
The teenager was in bed in his home in Herent Drive, Clayhall, after an operation and caught sight of the burglars when they walked past his bedroom.
He sprung from his bed and plunged onto one of the two burglars, holding his leg, as he escaped from a window in his parents bedroom, which had been trashed.
However, the suspect managed to break free, before jumping from a second floor window and making a get away on foot towards Clayhall Avenue.
Police have said before the incident, which happened on Wednesday of last week, (2) burglars gained access to the house by removing a panel on the back door.
You may also want to watch:
It is believe a black Volkswagen car may have been involved in the burglary.
Anyone with information can contact Det Supt Andy Lowe on 020 8345 2610, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1111.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green