Clayhall 16-year-old recovering from surgery jumps on burglars
A 16-YEAR-OLD boy recovering from surgery lunged onto a burglar as he escaped out of his parents bedroom window with �500.
The teenager was in bed in his home in Herent Drive, Clayhall, after an operation and caught sight of the burglars when they walked past his bedroom.
He sprung from his bed and plunged onto one of the two burglars, holding his leg, as he escaped from a window in his parents bedroom, which had been trashed.
However, the suspect managed to break free, before jumping from a second floor window and making a get away on foot towards Clayhall Avenue.
Police have said before the incident, which happened on Wednesday of last week, (2) burglars gained access to the house by removing a panel on the back door.
You may also want to watch:
It is believe a black Volkswagen car may have been involved in the burglary.
Anyone with information can contact Det Supt Andy Lowe on 020 8345 2610, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1111.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 9 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 10 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid