Classic movie screenings coming to Valentines Park this summer
- Credit: Full Fat
Screenings of classic movies are set to come to Ilford's Valentines Park following the government's roadmap announcement for when outdoor cinemas can re-open.
Adventure Cinema is launching a UK-wide, open-air cinema tour starting on May 17 and one of the stops will be Valentines Park - from August 28 to 30.
The company, which hosts drive-ins and outdoor cinemas across heritage sites across the country, will be hosting hundreds of socially spacious open-air events across 80 different venues.
The film schedule for Valentines Park has not been announced yet, but will take place on Melbourne Field, near Valentines Field car park.
To ensure the safety of its events without hampering the magic of the cinema, Adventure Cinema has chosen socially spacious, open-air venues for its tour.
You may also want to watch:
When entering each venue, groups will be guided to their picnic space by stewards, who will seat people safely away from other groups.
Other measures include wide aisles to the left, right and centre of the event space, allowing people to safely move around, and regularly cleaned, individual toilet units with hand sanitising stations outside.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
Some of the films that are scheduled to be screened are classics such as Grease, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman and Jurassic Park, modern blockbusters such as Joker, 1917 and The Greatest Showman and family films such as the Harry Potter series and The Lion King.
Co-director Ben Lovell said: "We had great fun putting on the UK’s biggest ever drive-in cinema tour last summer, and now we can’t wait to travel all over the country once again, this time with our open-air cinema season.
"Just like with the drive-in shows, we’ve worked very hard to ensure that these events are safe and lots of fun for all the family.
"We’ve got some amazing films to show in some truly incredible spaces, and we’re excited to offer guests two things they may have desperately missed in recent months: the cinema and the great outdoors.”
Ticket holders will be offered a 100pc money-back guarantee should anything mean that the events cannot go ahead.