Clarke a doubt as Orient face Bristol City
- Credit: Archant
Orient skipper Nathan Clarke is a doubt for tonight’s trip to Bristol City.
The central defender missed training yesterday but if he plays he will make his 400th professional start.
Midfielder Lloyd James continues to recover from an ankle injury which saw him drop to the bench for Saturday’s 3-1 win at Swindon.
For the home side Bobby Reid is likely to miss out but fellow midfielder Joe Bryan could feature after missing the defeat against Sheffield United at the weekend.
The Robins’ boss Sean O’Driscoll is expecting a tough game when the League One leaders come to town.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope it’s scrappy and tight because I think then we could do a good job on them,” he said.
“They’re a team who aren’t going to worry about the opposition. We could do anything weird and wonderful and they could still come out and play the same way.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
“To get the amount of points they have, we’ve got to give them credit for that.”
Orient have only played City four times in 23 years, with the last meeting coming in the 2006/07 season at Ashton Gate.
The O’s lost 2-1 despite a Matt Lockwood penalty.