Christmas trees represent the world in Goodmayes
Twelve Christmas trees each decorated to represent different countries were on display this weekend at a church in Goodmayes.
One tree, which represented England, was decorated by the Brownie group which meets at the Goodmayes Methodist Church, Percy Road.
Wendy Wiles, Brown Owl for the group, said: “They decorated it with things that are traditionally in the country as well as some that are Brownie themed.
“We had the Olympics, London Bridge and flags as well as Brownie badges and photos.”
Other countries represented were Russia, the US and Germany.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wiles said: “They have had good fun and it’s been an opportunity to decide what was relevant for their country - anything went really.”
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 8 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones