Christmas trees represent the world in Goodmayes
Twelve Christmas trees each decorated to represent different countries were on display this weekend at a church in Goodmayes.
One tree, which represented England, was decorated by the Brownie group which meets at the Goodmayes Methodist Church, Percy Road.
Wendy Wiles, Brown Owl for the group, said: “They decorated it with things that are traditionally in the country as well as some that are Brownie themed.
“We had the Olympics, London Bridge and flags as well as Brownie badges and photos.”
Other countries represented were Russia, the US and Germany.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wiles said: “They have had good fun and it’s been an opportunity to decide what was relevant for their country - anything went really.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan