Christmas market at Newbury Park church helps raise thousands
- Credit: citizenside.com
A Christmas market in Newbury Park on Saturday raised around £4,000 for church funds.
St Peter’s Church in Aldborough Road North hosted the event, which featured Father Christmas in a unique grotto – a tent loaned by the 1st Aldborough Hatch Scout Group.
Christmas cards and calendars, homemade cakes and preserves were the popular sellers according to church member Ron Jeffries, who said between five and six hundred people attended the event, between 10am-4pm.
“It went extremely well,” he added,
“There was lots of kids queuing for the grotto.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised will go towards church funds. St Peter’s is a 151-year-old grade two listed building, so it costs a lot to maintain.”
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care